Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mid-Semester Break: Day 2/10

Someone told me that I would not succeed in blogging every day of the break. I am setting out to prove them wrong and WILL blog every day. But they must have known I would do this--in which case I should prove them wrong about my predictability and NOT blog every day. But then, they must know that I would assume this about them, and therefore I SHOULD blog every day.

Well. Anyway. I will just live my life! Humph!

Today was a pretty good day. I was fairly social, which I was not expecting. First, I woke up earlier than I wanted to, but couldn't get back to sleep. So I skyped a friend. Then, I decided I should do some schoolwork, but also thought it was too early to be starting such a thing, so I skyped ANOTHER friend.

I know. I'm cray.


I took a bus into town and recorded part of the journey from the *Top* deck. It's a little shaky, but also sitting in the front on the top is a bumpy ride...




Similar to this, but in black of course.
I would not get far in these things....




A friend and I wandered around Stirling in the afternoon. We went into some shops and tried on shoes. I would appreciate it if you kept your comments about girl stereotypes to yourself, thank-you-very-much! But also, there were these really nice ones. But I would not have been able to walk in them.







Then we wandered over a bridge to the other side of the tracks.



It was not as dramatic as it seems. There was an New York Italian restaurant, a movie theatre, and some sort of.... area and building closed off by barbed wire. Don't worry, I will break in later and report back. There was a pathway that follows the river but there were so many gnats that we turned back!


At this point I would like to make a confession. A week ago, for reasons out of my control, I went into a McDonald's. I saw that they have Raspberry and Flake McFlurries, and decided that I would want to go back and try one. Well....today I did. I didn't go in with any expectations-to be honest I didn't really know what a McFlurry was other than ice cream.

Well. It was pretty delicious. I'm not gonna lie.



I also have another confession to make. At this point in the day, I had only had sugar to eat. I had leftover cinnamon cake and banana bread for breakfast, then this.


Breakfast! Minus the cookies.

HOWEVER!

I proceeded to have a real dinner! So I still reserve the right to forever complain about the time Little Iggy had chocolate cake for dinner.

Anyway, my friend lent me The Perks of Being a Wallflower so that I can read it then we can see it. So I'm going to go shower, make some tea, and do that =]

No comments:

Post a Comment