Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mid-Semester Break: Day 9/10

I can't believe the break is almost over. It went by so fast! I also slept incredibly well last night, especially in comparison to the past few nights. Which makes me really wish I hadn't set my alarm so I could have slept longer!

Anyway, today was kind of.... A lumpish day. I sent off a few email that were long overdue. And I did laundry. But mostly I read. Right now I'm reading Damaged by Cathy Glass. It's non-fiction, written by this woman who cares for foster children in England about an especially challenging case of an extremely disturbed and hurt eight yearold girl. It's incredibly hard to put down, but also extremely emotionally draining, so although I have not done a lot today my brain is pretty much scrambled and I feel exhausted.

I also cleaned my room and did dishes! The drawers in my desk are not too functional, and I was tired of the drawer popping out of its place every time I opened it, so I moved everything out of it and under my bed. Which is fine, but means I forever have to be super careful about leaving my window open. I don't know if I mentioned this earlier, but squirrels here like to jump into rooms here and eat your food if you leave your window open while you're out. They don't even have the courtesy to clean up after themselves. I made this mistake once, and although he or she could not break through the plastic tupperware full of oats, I have certainly learned my lesson!

Also guys, I am missing out on the Giants in the World Series. Again. So unfair! It's like they WAIT for me to go far away to do this. HELLOOO!? Where were they the first EIGHTEEN YEARS OF MY LIFE??? Why couldn't they just win in 2002??? I can't even watch the watered down play-by-play on the MLB site because of the time difference. UGH!

But let's be real, missing out on watching my man Tim Lincecum play is one of the reasons I am so upset.
















I really just like him so much. So much. Even with his er, affinity for herbs, as it were. And even though this season was pretty rough for him.

Anyway, cleaning, laundry, and reading was basically my day. It was kind of housewife-y, so I will try to remedy that tomorrow.

2 comments: